Signicat is integrated with the modernised National Population Register (FREG)
The population register contains information of people who are or were residents of Norway. The FREG modernisation has led to organisations to retrieving person information directly from the population register, without having to go through the tax administration distributor.
# What’s new in FREG?
The modernised population register provides the following features, which have been the most requested by users and have been long pending.
- Digitisation: Paper-based changes are replaced by ongoing electronic updates.
- Automation: Manual case processing is replaced by automated case processing.
- Quick updates - The time between an event occurring, being recorded, and then updated is reduced from days and weeks to minutes and seconds.
- Standardisation: personal information is provided in a standardised format.
# How does this impact you?
Organisations will lose access to the population register as of 1st October 2022, unless they connect to the new FREG solution.
Considering the impact this can bring to your business, we advise you to switch to the modernised population register.
# The process
The process is time-consuming, as all businesses will be requesting approval as part of the switch to modernised FREG, so we suggest that the application is submitted as early as possible to avoid any delays.
There is a two-stage process:
- Identify the rights package and submit the application for approval.
- Once approved, retrieve data directly from FREG or delegate access to one of the suppliers (e.g. Signicat).
# What’s the role of Signicat?
With the modernised population register and Signicat’s integration towards this new solution, Signicat becomes a trusted and reliable data provider for person information from FREG.
- Signicat is integrated with the modernised population register and is already helping customers retrieve personal data.
- We assist you with submitting your application and help identify the correct rights package and delegation process.
- We offer a one for all API solution, which can be easily integrated.
# Contact us today to get started.
We are ready to assist you and your business with guidance and help you get started with the application and other required formalities for the modernised population register.